Simple Site Checker
… a command line tool to monitor your sitemap links
I was thinking to make such tool for a while and fortunately I found some time so here it is.
Simple Site Checker is a command line tool that allows you to run a check over the links in you XML sitemap.
How it works: The script requires a single attribute – a URL or relative/absolute path to xml-sitemap. It loads the XML, reads all loc-tags in it and start checking the links in them one by one.
By default you will see no output unless there is an error – the script is unable to load the sitemap or any link check fails.
Using the verbosity argument you can control the output, if you need more detailed information like elapsed time, checked links etc.
You can run this script through a cron-like tool and get an e-mail in case of error.
I will appreciate any user input and ideas so feel free to comment.
- HTTP Status Codes Site » Between engineering and real life
- Simple Site Checker and the User-Agent header»Between engineering and real life
- Django for Web Prototyping
- Functions in Python presentation
- Simple Site Checker and the User-Agent header
- Automation, Fabric and Django – presentation
- Django project file structure
- Automated deployment with Ubuntu, Fabric and Django
- The road to hell is paved with regular expressions …
- Python is not a Panacea …
- Fabric & Django
- HTTP Status Codes Site